What more could the Swede ask for on his 63rd birthday but four goals and three points as Leicester beat Barnsley 4-1. A brace from Andy King and two more great goals from Gallagher and Naughton made it the second consecutive match at home where four goals were shipped and made it six games unbeaten, since the last match of 2010.
|Andy King got the ball and scored two goals today. (bbc.co.uk)|
- in the best form of the season, Leicester City are now one of the form teams of the league and surely must scare the teams coming up to play them next
- after five games without scoring, King now has three in two; can't complain!
- the signings and substitutions which Sven has been and is making have completely turned the season around and the Foxes are now three points from a play-off place, seven from automatics
- hard to find some after such a great vein of form but Yakubu is a little bit concerning; his lazy style of play has not been working recently
- with players like King, Naughton, Wellens playing so well, how hard will it be to hang onto these guys, promotion or not
There is a long way to go before play-offs or automatic promotion is likely, mainly due to the bad hangover from Sousa's reign in the form of a bad goal difference, there's also a long way to go before the end of the season.
With tough matches ahead against Cardiff, QPR, Norwich and Forest it's so important to keep playing well like now. It's also a chance to steal points from those teams and really make a mark in the top six.