Leicester City became only the fourth team this season to score more than one goal at Eastlands, last night, in a 2-4 loss against Manchester City in the FA Cup 3rd Round replay.
|Lloyd Dyer rounds another Man city player (lcfc.com)|
It was another good showing from the Foxes as Sven Goran Eriksson returned to the last club he managed in England but the extra class in the final third was the things that set the teams apart and leave Leicester to concentrate on the league.
- another solid performance has shown the world how much a footballing side Leicester are and fans can be very proud of them
- Dyer had a great game, winning a penalty, scoring a goal and beating Man City defenders all night long, finally scoring a one-on-one after missing his last two!
- Weale also had a good game, although possibly out of position for the first goal, pulled off some good saves, including a penalty from Tevez
- having a 6,000 strong away support on a Tuesday night is fantastic and is a credit to the club
- the defence was sloppy at times, playing too high up the pitch although they learned from their mistakes after the third goal
- letting in soft goals has again hurt Leicester but the more this defence learns, the better it will get
- unfortunately Bruno Berner didn't have a great game, being caught out numerous times and maybe suggesting he isn't Premier League standard
All in all, 4-2 slightly flattered Man City and Leicester were still in with a shout in the last minutes, until Kolorov's fantastic shot went in the bottom corner. Sven has vowed to return to Eastlands with Leicester in the Premier League and now the team can concentrate on getting that promotion.
|6,000 fans travelled to Manchester (lcfc.com)|