Wow. Back from a rollercoaster night at the Walkers Stadium where MartynWaghorn scored an injury time belter to gain a 2-1 win for Leicester City against Bristol City. It's the least he deserved after a frustrating season on the bench so far and could win him a starting place on Tuesday with the fans and Waggy reigniting their love affair from last season.
|Waghorn and teammates celebrate the laste winner. (lcfc.com)|
- another goal from hungry Yakubu and the winner from Waghorn are welcome and show that our strikers still can score
- winning the night before four of the teams above Leicester play each other heaps the pressure on them and they must be looking over their shoulders
- although the Foxes were second best in the second half, grinding out a win like that shows real class and quality that they will need to reach the play-offs, and more
- the depth in the squad is showing and Sven still feels confident enough to change the team to find a better mix...it hasn't backfired yet, either!
- Leicester City are now twelve matches unbeaten, unbeaten in 2011 and unbeaten at home since Sven first came to the club: impressive
- into the second half the midfield shape fell apart and it became a defensive training session as Bristol City hit the Leicester box hard
- in-form Chris Weale was dropped last match and Ricardo, his replacement, kept his place tonight, duly worrying the defence and the Foxes fans...on tonight's showing, Weale must be back in the starting team on Tuesday?
Another solid defensive display from centre back duo Sol Bamba (with an amazing assist for the Yak's goal) and Ben Mee added on to some class in the attack provided this win on a cold February night. The two million pounds spent to bring Waghorn to the Walkers permanently are reaping their rewards... When not at their best, this team seems to be able to win, which is a great tool in the quest for promotion.
Have a look at my experience under the floodlights...