Saturday 18 July 2009

Lincoln, South Wales and the return to the Midlands...

I'm home from my week away in South Wales and short trip to Lincoln. First of all, Lincoln!

Got the keys for the new house and it's just as great as I remembered! Will be getting used to sleeping with a low sloped roof and a sky light but I'll put up with it for my double bed! Bought a new cover for it today as well haha. Had a great road trip with Mikey, Kat and Lauri and then went out with the same crowd, was fun. Here is a picture of the front of the house, it's much lovelier in the sun and with the trees going down the road infront of it. I'm sure there will be many more pictures to come in the coming years.


I also saw Lincoln City vs Ferencvaros, my first match of the season. On a lovely summer's evening it was a quiet atmosphere (more than usual due to the selected opening of only two stands) but the match wasn't as quiet as the atmosphere it was accompanied by. I was impressed by a couple of the new boys, Chris Fagan and Paul Connor, up front and Danny Hone in the midfield. Was good to see Stefan Oakes, former Leicester player, again after seeing him play for Notts County previously. Very impressed by the 'keeper, Rob Burch, also and heard good things from Huw who has liked his performances over the last season. The match ended 0-0 but with good attacks from both sides, I thought Lincoln put up a good fight against the Hungarian champions.

I had a lovely time in Saundersfoot with the family. Here is the link to the album which the pictures are uploaded onto through Facebook (I'm still to decide on whether to get a proper online album or not) but I'll put a few up here. I've renewed my love for the Wiseman's Bridge Inn pub and restaurant just around the corner from Saundersfoot beach. The walk along the coast and the view from the outside bench area is just so nice, lets all go there now!!! We also visited Amroth, Tenby (found a monument hidden away with lots of canons which were the Welsh defense in the war apparently!), Newgale and St David's which are all real nice places to go if ever you are in Pembrokeshire, Wales. St David's in particular is nice, has a lovely cathedral (nothing on Lincoln I'll have you know) and the cathedral cafe has great coffee (and the only WiFi I managed to find all week!).

Coming home has one remark I'd like to put out: Coventry's terrible signage! Had to go through due to a closed junction and it was horrendous! At one point there were two signs for Leicester, both pointing in opposite directions and all the other signs for Leicester were covered in overgrown trees. Terrible!

Anyway, here are a select few pictures from my week, next trip is Germany on tour! :D







1 comment:

  1. hahaha! Coventry is great!!! its leicester which is fucked the two sign posts for leicester is, M69 Leicester south (which is the way to urs) and Asuminfucking which is like wtf leicester north/west!!! its leicester thats confusing not coventry!!!

    PS it was coventrians that took you to and from Lincoln so, quit whining!

    ReplyDelete