Today saw Leicester City debutant, Yakubu, open his account for hi new club. It also saw an old Foxes-favourite snatch a point at the very death to draw 1-1 with Preston. It was a second debut goal in two matches for new Leicester players but not quite enough to move up the table.
|The team celebrate the Yak's opener. (lcfc.com)|
- a debut goal for Yakubu can only be a good thing and a sign of things to come; he always looked dangerous and scared the Preston defence.
- Leicester played some great football and managed twenty shots on goal
- they are still unbeaten in 2011 in all competitions
- of those twenty shots, fourteen were off target, including another missed one-on-one from Dyer
- Leicester really should be winning against the bottom club and should have been up by two or three by the time Hume scored in the 90th minute
- not taking chances when they arise is, again, Leicester's downfall as they are persistently punished by defensive mistakes
All in all, a very disappointing day for the Foxes as they drop a position to 13th. Yakubu's permanent deal may well depends on promotion at the end of the season; is that dream slowly creeping away?