Thursday 21 May 2009

Survival Sunday in the Premiership...and the other sport I will miss this weekend.

I'm not usually a fan of Premier League but Survival Sunday looks to be an exciting day. So gutted I won't be around to see it!


I'm hoping for a Newcastle win and Hull not to win..that'd sort me fine. I like how this article doesn't even mention Middlesborough, I think they're out of it to be honest. I think Aston Villa will have a go but they're in such bad form at the moment I dont know if they'll perform, whereas Newcastle need this or it will be a bad day in the North East.

Even though Manchester United will field a reserve side (which they are fine to do, they would normally if they weren't playing a relegation team and they need to be safe for Wednesday's game) Hull won't manage a win and a draw may not be enough. Now I have nothing against Hull; I don't think they belong in this league, but they are here on merit, for sure. However, here is my theory:
If Hull go down, Leicester will play them and I can make the quick journey up from Lincoln to see them play for a fun away day!
Ok, so it's slightly selfish but as Leicester City fan, this is the only way I can have a valid opinion in the Premier League!

Predictions (what I'd like): Aston Villa 1-1 (0-2) Newcastle United
Hull City 1-2 (0-2) Manchester United
Sunderland 0-3 (1-1) Chelsea
West Ham 2-0 (2-0) Middlesborough

Anyway, hope you all enjoy it, I'll look forward to reading about it all when I arrive back after Glastonbudget!

ps. Very upset I miss the play-offs and rugby final also! What a weekend to be away on hey?

Predictions for these (what I'd like): Leinster 12-24 (0-100) Leicester Tigers
Preston 2-1 (1-2) Sheffield United
Millwall 2-0 (0-2) Scunthorpe United
Gillingham 2-1 (2-1) Shrewsbury Town

4 comments:

  1. Glad you've put a Gills win down Joel! If not there would be trouble :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. its Burnley vs Sheff U

    enjoy glastonbudget mate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not "convert" you back to blogging so you could talk about football Mr Murray! lol, just kidding, it's good to see you're keeping it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Bandicoot - Yes it is indeed Burnley, I don't know why I put Preston! I got it right that Burnley and Gills would win, happy that I was wrong that Scunny would lose, I'll be off to Scunthorpe again this season then!

    @E_Me - Ha you can convert me to blogging, I will convert you to football!

    ReplyDelete