Wednesday 4 November 2009

Film review: Fantastic Mr Fox

I went to see Fantastic Mr Fox last week with some friends (including Mike whose review is here) and it was a real breath of fresh air for animated film, and film in general. A stop-motion animation, based on one Roald Dahl's children's stories, it tells the story of Mr Fox (voiced by George Clooney) and his family as he struggles with his natural urges to hunt chicken, endangering his family and his neighbourhood in the process.

It was a real nice change to the normal Pixar style animations and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a good example of an all age film: kids will enjoy the story whereas older people might enjoy the animation and subtle humour. 8/10.

Amazingly, my film reviews have been recognised and I've been asked to write for my local student newspaper, The Linc. I'll be putting a short blurb here on my blog for each film and then sending you to The Linc's website to read the full review, so, here is the link to the article on their website, please visit and have a read: it's my review for sure, just a few editors' changes.


Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment