Saturday 24 April 2010

Championship predictions...

The last but one weekend of the Football League Championship is upon us and Leicester City have the chance to secure a play-off place, with a win away at Preston.  How will the rest of the league go though?  There is a battle between Leicester, Swansea and Blackpool for the last two play-off places (the others already going to Nottingham Florist and dirty Cardiff) and since I'm expecting a Leicester win today, it's between the Swans and Ollie's Tangerines.  I desperately don't want Ian Holloway to get plaudits for a play-off place after how he treated Leicester City two seasons ago, but...


As you can see from my BBC Predictor for the Championship, I can see Blackpool overtaking Swansea to 6th place.  Not good!  I reckon Florist will knock the out on the way to being beaten by us at Wembley but either way...!

At the other end, the final relegation spot is to be contested by Watford, Crystal Palace and Sheffield Wednesday and it looks more and more likely that it will go to the final day match between the latter two.  By the way, I'm looking for a Wednesday win, relegating the Eagles.  It'll also be nice to see the Chavs (Coventry City) and the Sheep (Derby County) finish in my predicted 17th and 18th too!

Have a go on the Predictor and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment