Saturday 23 April 2011

Promotion Slips Under Chris Weale

  Last season it was the dodgy chipped penalty of Yann Kermorgant and the pressured miss of Martyn Waghorn that effectively finished off Leicester City's chances of promotion.  It was Paul McKenna's weak volley that bobbled along the Nottinghamshire grass and somehow under the body of 'keeper Chris Weale that nailed the coffin shut this season.  It had been coming but to come at Nottingham Forest wasn't great.

Chris Weale after his blunder. (guardian.co.uk)
  For me, the dream of play-offs have really been over since the loss in Cardiff at the end of February but it was this loss that really ended the hopes.  Although still mathematically possible, I wouldn't bet on it.  I will write about my thoughts and feeling of the whole season once it's over but in the end I will be happy with a mid-table/top half finish after the dreadful start to the season and fully expect Sven to succeed fully next season.

  As for the rest of the season, my prediction now is that Leicester will finish around 10th with a pressure-free end to the season.  I see QPR and Norwich taking first and second with the play-offs fought by Cardiff, Reading, Swansea and Leeds.  I don't see the bottom three ending to be honest unless we see some shock results.  I can't split Reading and Cardiff but will go for the English contigent for obvious reasons!

No comments:

Post a Comment